Look! Comments! Now you can clown me for forgetting about "No Escapin' This" and "Special Delivery (Remix)" and the entire genre of Baltimore club music in the best-of-the-00s singles list! Thanks to Sean Fennessy for spelling out the whole Haloscan thing for me. I'll put all those links back in when I get around to it.
- By the time you read this, this blog should have a...
- ....Aaaaand now here we go with the singles list. ...
- Hi! How's it going? How was your Christmas? Did yo...
- Sir can I buy these shoes For my mama please? It...
- Hey, the Pitchfork lists turned out pretty well! I...
- Tom's Top 50 Singles of 2004 - Part 5 Oh snap, ...
- Tom's Top 50 Singles of 2004 - Part 4 20. Juven...
- Tom's Top 50 Singles of 2004 - Part 3 30. The W...
- Tom's Top 50 Singles of 2004 - Part 2 40. Letha...
- Le Tigre cancelled their Saturday night B-More sho...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Monday, January 10, 2005