So I can finally talk about my new gig now. CBS Interactive (the thing that bought CNET) is starting a new music blog, and I'll be writing for it. Former Spin and Blender editor Craig Marks is running it, and the other writer they've hired is Andy Greenwald, who wrote the emo bible Nothing Feels Good, so you know this shit is legit. The site's called Juke, and it'll launch in the fall. This won't be that much like Status; I'll be writing a whole bunch of posts every day rather than spending forever ranting about one thing, and I'll have actual editors, so hopefully I won't disappear so far up my ass so often. I'll put something up here when the thing actually launches. So there it is. I hope you guys read it.
- I'm reeling from the idea that we lost Isaac Hayes...
- Bernie Mac RIP. This fucking blow.
- Erykah Badu really put it down on Monday night at ...
- So Doomsday. How did the guy who made The Descent,...
- I was as amped about the beginning of Generation K...
- So Pitchfork was a blast, once again. Its booking ...
- R.I.P. K-Swift. This is just devastating. Since th...
- My Favorite Album From Every Year I've Been Alive ...
- Wow, that link bar is one goony-ass time capsule. ...
- And we're live!
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Tuesday, August 12, 2008