Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Last week, I got Matos's 15-CD ultimate biblical 2004 megamix in the mail. It's more than 24 hours of music. It's a whole hell of a lot to process. Listening to it for the first time is sort of daunting; you're like, "This D Double E track I've never heard is pretty cool, but I hope it ends soon so I can hear this Kano track I've never heard before." I'd post some reflections on it, but Jesus, it's just so much. Maybe later.

The NBA All-Star Game was, once again, a terrible basketball game: blown passes, zero team chemistry on either side, ridiculous shots. I loved it. I love it every year. I love the pageantry, the look-at-the-famous-people shots, the endless player introductions. I could watch Vince Carter's off-the-backboard self-pass alley-oop every day for the rest of my life and not get sick of it. And! Big & Rich halftime show! I can't believe it took someone this long to think of a Big & Rich halftime show! They're pretty much custom-built for the form. Charles Barclay hated it. So did my girlfriend and my friends. It was so awesome.

I spent my 3-day weekend doing shit like going to an Imax movie for the first time in years and drinking Sparks while playing Halo 2 at my friend Evan's house. It's enough to make me wish I was unemployed.