This weekend, I found a record store in Baltimore County that carries Swishahouse stuff. This was sort of like finding the Holy Grail in the lumber section of a Home Depot. After bumping nothing but First Round Draft Picks and The Day Hell Broke Loose 2 for a couple of days, other music doesn't sound quite right. It's like, "This Concretes album is good and all, but why isn't anyone yelling 'Mike Jones!' every twenty seconds?"
- I don't have cable, and even when I did I didn't w...
- I'm deeply honored that the Village Voice web page...
- I haven't seen a single one of the movies nominate...
- A Very Long Engagement is like Amelie if it had pe...
- That new Game single is amazing, gorgeous, swirlin...
- So WHFS, the DC alt-rock station that's existed si...
- Last night I went to see the Constantines, except ...
- Look! Comments! Now you can clown me for forgettin...
- By the time you read this, this blog should have a...
- ....Aaaaand now here we go with the singles list. ...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Monday, January 31, 2005