So He's Just Not That Into You is supposed to be set in Baltimore? It is not any Baltimore I've ever seen. Everyone is rich and clean and generally comfortable and sober. And attractive. Nobody has their lights shut off. The only black people are motherfucking Frangela. Maybe it's supposed to be Canton? I guess it could be Canton. That place is a total mystery to me.
- There's a new Rancid album out today, first album ...
- This guy.
- Looks like I was wrong about this. Good! Also: I'...
- The Voice's regular Idol person is out this week, ...
- I guess I should put some sort of caveat here that...
- Yes, I'm still doing this. For the past couple of ...
- The Quarterly Report Apologies to Devin the Dude,...
- Another thing: I got a new job! Eat shit, recessio...
- It's not online, but Louis Menand's early history ...
- Well, this is interesting. Yesterday, Pitchfork ra...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Saturday, June 13, 2009