Here is some shit to make your blood run cold. I am one of the few people my age who's lucky enough not to have any debt - I went to college on a tuition exchange scholarship because my dad is a professor, I don't own a car, and I've never had a credit card. I live in dirt-ass-cheap Baltimore. I make enough at my job to keep me in beer and CD's and cable. I'm very thankful that I don't have to go through all this debt bullshit, and I know that puts me in the minority. Please, kids, don't go crazy with the credit cards. Don't let a bunch of shitty old people who own companies get all your papers.
- Big ups to the people of Spain for doing what vote...
- Because blogging once a week is the new blogging e...
- For the week of 3/4/04 (I'm going to try to make t...
- I just dug out Jay's Volume 3 - what an incredible...
- It's official; the Ravens are the most thugged-out...
- Keith Harris is gangsta. So much so, in fact, that...
- No more Dean. I guess I can live with Kerry. I won...
- OK, so Pazz & Jop. I am hating on the fact that I ...
- The Pazz & Jop poll is online finally, and I'm not...
- Here is an incredibly funny post about all four Ja...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Tuesday, March 16, 2004