Thursday, March 31, 2005

OK, so I fucked up pretty bad. A few people have e-mailed me to let me know that my track review of the Roc-4-Life roster's mixtape "Triumph" remix had a couple of glaring factual inaccuracies. I wrote that Rawkan, who I'd never heard of, was on the track, but it was Raekwon, and I absolutely should've recognized his voice. I got the names from the tracklisting of the Catch 22 mixtape where I found the song, and it turned out to be totally wrong; I should've checked it. Also, I credited a line to Oschino or Sparks when it turned out to be Young Chris. One of my great failings as a music critic is my inability to distinguish between Young Chris, Neef, Oschino, and Sparks. There are now threads on Okayplayer and Soulstrut dedicated to my fuckup, and these dudes seem to be taking the opportunity to hate on Pitchfork. Well, it wasn't Pitchfork's fuckup. It was mine, and I'm crazy embarrassed. (I still don't like the track.)