Yo, almost half of this Justus Kohncke album I bought is cheesed-out kitsch-pop like the music from the beginning of John Waters movies thrown in to indicate that we are now in grinning cold-war technicolor sitcom land. Dude, this thing is German! I dropped 17 dollars on it! I do not want to hear this stuff! You house music people are weird. (However. The track "Schwabylon" is a completely bananas sleazy greasy coked-out sliding violin disco monster; it may actually be worth the 17 bones I spent on the CD.)
- I know everyone's severely hating on the new Daft ...
- I'm listening to the new Hold Steady, and it's gre...
- O'Malley's March, the Celtic rock band led by Balt...
- Summer 2000: I was working at the Knitting Factory...
- I really, really hope Kweisi Mfume becomes Marylan...
- 50 and Game have called a truce, complete with a p...
- Yo, the Jennifer Gentle album is just terrible, al...
- I live in the same city as Lungfish. Sometimes, I ...
- People should stop referring to Dalek as undergrou...
- Run the Road really is as ridiculously great as ev...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Monday, March 28, 2005