Monday, June 13, 2005

Matos just passed me a meme (I learn new words everyday!), so you know I'm going to answer.

Total volume of music files on my computer: Zero. I do all my blogging at work, and I can't download music here. I have a computer at home, but it's my college computer, bought at the Syracuse University bookstore in 1998, covered in weird sticky dust, no internet connection, busted speakers. I had Napster for about five minutes in 2000, so I may still have "Tha Block is Hot" and "Is That Yo Bitch" and the UK garage remix of "Smooth Criminal" somewhere on there, but that's it. I'm hoping to buy another computer when I move to New York if my bank account permits, but right now my bank account isn't looking like it'll permit. I buy all my music.

Last CD I bought was: Rod Lee's Baltimore club mix CD Vol. 5: The Official. It's too long and monotonous and doesn't have enough hooks, but it still makes a pretty good case for B-more club being the hardest, most urgent dance music in the world. I'm reviewing it for Pitchfork, but I don't know how I'll manage to do that without repeating everything Al wrote about it on Government Names.

Song playing right now: Slug/Murs: "I Shot a Warhol." First time listening to the Felt promo. Pretty good!

Five songs I listen to a lot these days: Sufjan Stevens' "Chicago", T.O.K.'s "Fire Fire", the Mountain Goats' "Hast Thou Considered the Tetrapod?", Paul Wall & Chamillionaire's "Play Dirty", Nigga Say What's "Horn Theme".

And I'll keep this thing going and invite:
Amy Phillips
Sean Fennessey
Al Shipley
Chris Nelson
Jim Breihan