So it's been like a week and a half since I posted here, huh? I'm guessing things are going to be pretty dead around here for a while. I can finally talk about this in public now: Bridget, my wife, is pregnant. I am going to be a dad. She's a couple months in, due next May, and we're all kinds of amped about it. But this means I'm not really doing anything except working, cooking dinner sometimes, and watching old action movies on my laptop after she's fallen asleep. (Rolling Thunder: amazing. Branded to Kill: dogshit.) I could blog about that stuff, I guess, but I'm guessing nobody would actually want to read about it. So stay tuned for six months from now when this thing becomes baby picture central.
- Quarterly Report - Singles New rule: if I've seen...
- The Quarterly Report - Albums Yes, I'm still doin...
- Does everyone else know about this? A black come...
- The end-credits music to Lost Boys: The Tribe, the...
- I can't believe this. I really can't. I have no id...
- I had no idea and nobody sent me a gally copy, but...
- Things I learned watching Gossip Girl: Tanya Donn...
- Notes on the VMAs: - Pretty good this year! Or be...
- So no, you can't use "community organizer" as a ...
- The general absurdity of the whole Sarah Palin thi...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Friday, October 10, 2008