I don't really get the Pixies. I mean, they have songs I like, but the whole thing about them being the greatest-indie rock band ever and making Nirvana possible and all that - I don't really see it. I was going to go see them last night, and maybe that would've clued me in, but then it looked like it was going to rain all night (it didn't), so an outdoor show wasn't really the look. So I still don't get the Pixies. And I cut off all my hair instead. This was maybe not such a good idea. I look like a cancer patient.
- Matos just passed me a meme (I learn new words eve...
- Fuck it, I like this new White Stripes album. I li...
- Here's what I hope is about to happen: I hope Lil ...
- Every once in a while, a song comes along and just...
- In my world, Ludacris is a dazzling supernova of a...
- So we're doing it. We're moving up to New York Cit...
- American Idol's first cracker-cracker showdown is ...
- New York was a crazy whirlwind of a blast, and I a...
- I was driving Bridget's car around Hampden last ni...
- I watched part of the Country Music Awards (or wha...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Tuesday, June 14, 2005