Funny things happen when you talk to famous people on the phone. Like here's Ian MacKaye on his plans for this week: "Fugaz... um, I mean, the Evens are playing at Fort Reno on Wednesday." Or here's David Banner on his favorite book: "The Art of War. Or no! The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I love that shit."
- The only really interesting thing about this Trans...
- Baltimore club music has been a part of my life on...
- This is an open invitation. If you play for the De...
- Assateague Island is a thin strip of sand near the...
- Let's talk about Kanye for a minute. I've been get...
- I don't really get the Pixies. I mean, they have s...
- Matos just passed me a meme (I learn new words eve...
- Fuck it, I like this new White Stripes album. I li...
- Here's what I hope is about to happen: I hope Lil ...
- Every once in a while, a song comes along and just...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Monday, June 27, 2005