T.I. was on The OC last night. Stuff like this needs to happen more often. I want to see Chamillionaire on Gilmore Girls, Three 6 Mafia in the next Wes Anderson movie, the Hold Steady and the Mountain Goats on 106 & Park, Ian MacKaye playing a crooked cop on the next season of The Wire. Worlds need to collide. Let's make this happen. (Too bad T.I. was just lip-sincing "Bring Em Out" while standing on a diving board; it would've been a lot better if they'd gotten him to make out with Summer or something. And too bad The OC is sucking now, running through plotlines like a seven-year-old with ADD. The mom is drinking too much? Seth has a comic book? Another car accident? Settle down, kids!)
- I haven't talked about the new Mountain Goats albu...
- I probably shouldn't mention the Choices II soundt...
- I've spent the better part of the past week in a c...
- Dead Meadow's new album is sleepy woozy nodded-out...
- Out Hud reminds me of Neneh Cherry riding a bike d...
- I was walking past a bus stop on the way to Lexing...
- So El Guapo was a pretty meh Dischord band who dec...
- So Joseph Ratzinger is the new Pope. Awesome, dude...
- This is a bit late, and I haven't done one in six ...
- Aesop Rock is a pretty good rapper, even if I don'...
- All the girls excited, ooh you know they like it, it's Purpology -------------------
- My brother Jim rocking the big red beard
- Yancey Strickler being so smart that you're like, "Dude, what?"
- Jessica Hopper taking fools to task
- Government Names straight killing you
- Sean Fennessey getting paid to write about shoes
- M.R. messing around and getting me all emo
- Al Shipley no longer being the only person on this list who I've actually met
- Nick Sylvester talking to the stars
- Chris Lemonred removing my link
- Julianne Shepherd inventing slang like E-40
- Nick Barat wielding power
- Michaelangelo Matos being where I want to be in a few years, except with some kidney stones
- Sasha Frere-Jones spending that New Yorker money
- Jon Caramanica being surprisingly white
- Keith Harris resurfacing
- Rollie Pimperton starting beef he can't possibly finish
- The FT Mafia talking English
- John Darnielle needing to play Baltimore
- Hua Hsu thinking something else when you say "The Wire"
- Will Dukes talking big-city talk
- Matthew Perpetua posting stuff that I would download if I could download music at work
- Anthony Miccio courageously liking Limp Bizkit
- David Drake being just a baby, man
- Gel and Weave knowing way too much about obscure regional rap
- Amy Phillips and friends going to see some bands, dude
- Phillip Sherburne going to Spain and junk
- Jay Smooth sometimes occassionally writing about hip-hop music now
- Noz getting his picture up in Spin
- Houston So Real getting insanely great quotes from Willie D
- 1115 keeping they eyes on the prize
- Kris Ex quoting the Bible a whole lot
- Ian Steamen linking a lot
My back pages
Friday, May 06, 2005